Thursday, December 09, 2010

Character Development: Villainous Research



I watched a western the other day, Unforgiven (1992) with Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, and Morgan Freeman.

Retired Old West gunslinger William Munny reluctantly takes on one last job, with the help of his old partner and a young man.

This was very, very influential in my decision for my Villain. I shall be using the Sheriff type but with 'friendly' characteristics. I feel the character English Bob would be suitable for this role, with a slight modification to his character.

English Bob, is the patriotic English assasin, who was hired by the prostitutes to kill two Cowboys, because they "Cut Up" the face of one of the girls. The reward was $500, but English Bob does not succed. Little Bill, the sheriff of Big Whiskey takes his firearms and beats him up, and then sends him on the next train home!
Played superbly by the late Richard Harris RIP.

English Bob, is the gentleman on the right of this image. I'm in the process of ordering a copy of the film, from which I will then look into further, sketching out ideas for my character, and creating more screenshots of English Bob, for everyone to see.


Internet Movie Database: Link
YouTube Trailer: Link

No comments:

Post a Comment